‘Tapping Into Youth’s Creativity and Expression’
An inspirational Arts Based Youth Development program, designed to take participants on a journey through various artistic literary mediums, such as poetry, creative writing, song writing, and lyrical expression. This approach offers a safe outlet for participants to explore their own ideas, opinions and feelings regarding key issues in their lives, ranging from topics in their community, the environment and the world, while positively impacting their personal development without the risk of being judged or labeled by others. In addition, this creative artistic program model, provides youth with the opportunity to develop song writing skills, both as an individual or as a collective, learn how to play various instruments, I.e. guitar, piano, learn pre/post music production using the latest industry standard software, as well acquire performance etiquette experience, designed to build upon their self-confidence.
With each student enrollment, we provide the opportunity for students in need to attend similar programs at no cost.
About Linguistic Vibes:
– 9 weeks (Saturdays, 12 pm- 2 pm)
– Visits from Professional Recording Artists
– Access to professional recording studios
– Culminating performance showcasing student talent
– $325.00 per student ($36 per week)
– Price Includes all related materials/supplies
– Space is Limited
– Program will take place at Center for Social Change, 5th Floor
Contact us to learn more!
Youth participating in this course will show improvements in:
- Writing and Language Arts
- Growth of character and self-worth
- Motivation in and out of school
- Increased awareness and self-discipline
- Increased Self-Confidence
- Public Speaking Ability
- Enhanced Cultural Awareness
Due to our relationship with Berklee College of Music and our affiliation with Berklee City Music Network, all students will have FREE access to PULSE – Pre-University Learning System Experience.